100-ruble Bank of Russia note of 2004 modification
The modified banknote has the same dimensions and general design as the
The modified banknotes have the following main differences:
- the protective fibres of four types are embedded in the paper (red, light-green, two-coloured and grey);
- the metallic window thread is embedded in the paper. It comes out on the surface on the back of the banknote;
- there is a vertically located numerical value of denomination executed by perforation;
- on the front of the banknote there is a field with latent coloured waves (MVC effect) — moiré variable color (MVC);
- on the front the numerical value of denomination is printed in grey non-metallic ink;
- images of the banknote under an ultra-violet and infra-red light have differences from the banknote of 1997.
On the front of the note there are two serial numbers that consist of two letters indicating the series followed by seven digits.