The Bank of Russia
10-Kopeck Coin of 1997
The coin is disc-shaped, yellow in color and has ledges along the rim on both sides — obverse and reverse. The material of the coin has no ferromagnetic characteristics.
- in the center — the relief image of Saint George the Warrior on horseback killing a serpent with a spear;
- to the right below, under the front hoof of the horse — the Cyrillic letters M (Moscow) or
C-П(Saint Petersburg), indicating the mint-producer;
- above from the left to the right — the inscription along the rim: „БАНК РОССИИ” (BANK OF RUSSIA) divided by the figure of Saint George the Warrior;
- below under the image of the serpent — the year of mintage.
- in the center, a little to the right — the denomination of the coin: the figure 10, under it — the word „КОПЕЕК” (KOPECKS) written horizontal;
- at the bottom of the disc — the stylized vegetable ornament in form of two branches.
Change of material
from 2015 — brass plated steel
Since the 2nd half of 2006 the Bank of Russia
From 2015 the 1997 Bank of Russia
The coin, previously made from brass, remains legal tender and is currently in circulation in the Russian Federation