The Iversky Monastery (XVIIth century), Valday
in the centre - the Emblem of the Bank of Russia [the two-headed eagle with wings down, lower - the semicircular inscription - "БАНК РОССИИ" (BANK OF RUSSIA)] framed by a circle of dots and inscriptions along the rim: at the top - "ТРИ РУБЛЯ" (THREE RUBLES), at the bottom -the year of issue "2002", the letters to the left indicate the metal sign and the fineness , to the right - the fine metal content and the mint trade mark.
the view of architectural monuments of Iversky Monastery, the inscriptions: at the bottom - "ВАЛДАЙ" (VALDAY), at the top along the rim - "ИВЕРСКИЙ МОНАСТЫРЬ · XVII в." (THE IVERSKY MONASTERY · XVIIth century).
The artist: A.V. Baklanov.
The sculptor: A.S. Kunats.
St. Petersburg Mint (СПМД).
The edge: 300 corrugations.
The Iversky Monastery, situated on one of the islands of the Valday Lake was founded by Patriarch Nikon in 1653 after the model of the Iversky Monastery of Aphon. It is surrounded by walls with six towers. The architectural ensemble of the monastery includes the Cathedral Church in Honour of the St. Virgin's Dormition, the Cathedral of the Epiphany, the St. Jacob Borovichesky Church and the St. Philippe Church.