Series: Architectural Monuments of Russia
Kideksha (XIIth - XVIIIth centuries)
Date of issue: 30.09.2002
Catalogue number: 5111-0106
Total weight, G
content not less than, G
in the centre - the Emblem of the Bank of Russia [the two-headed eagle with wings down, lower - the semicircular inscription - "БАНК РОССИИ" (BANK OF RUSSIA)] framed by a circle of dots and inscriptions along the rim: at the top - "ТРИ РУБЛЯ" (THREE RUBLES), at the bottom - the year of issue "2002", the letters to the left indicate the metal sign and the fineness , to the right - the fine metal content and the mint trade mark.
the view of monuments of architectural ensemble Kideksha on a river bank, the inscription at the bottom along the rim - "КИДЕКША XII-XVIII вв." (KIDEKSHA XIIth - XVIIIth centuries).
The artist: A.V. Baklanov.
The sculptor: E.V. Kramskaya.
St. Petersburg Mint (СПМД).
The edge: 300 corrugations.
Kideksha was the country residence of the Suzdal princes. The present complex of architectural monuments grew up from the XIIth to the XVIIIth centuries. The ensemble includes the Church of SS Boris and Gleb (1152), St. Stephen's Church with a bell tower (1780) and the Holy Gate of the XVIIIth century with a brick wall.